At A Glance
Porky's Groove Machine is a licensed supplier of the silliest corn-fed, environmentally sustainable Midwestern *nerd-funk.* Since forming in 2011, we've been entertaining audiences of all ages from Minneapolis to New York City with interactive shows that put on display our mature musiciality and not so mature sense of humor. From sold out shows at the Majestic Theater in Madison, WI, to middle school band camp, we always bring a party that is sure to get audience members dancing and laughing.
Releases include "Porkus" (April, 2017), our 2016 presidential campaign platform, “Make America Funk Again” (July 2016), "Magic Brunch" (May 2014), and "This Would Be A Great Present For My Grandma” (November 2011).
The Annals of Time
SOME VENUES WE'VE PLAYED
- The Egyptian Room at the Old National Centre (Indianapolis, IN)
- Majestic Theater (Madison, WI)
- The Bowery Electric (NYC, NY)
- Bunkers (Minneapolis, MN)
- The Cabooze (Minneapolis, MN)
- The Frequency (Madison, WI)
- Woodlands Tavern (Columbus, OH)
- Lawrence University, UW-Stevens Point, Northland College, Denison University
- ...and many more!
Some Artists We've Supported
- Guster (Boston, MA)
- The Mustache (Madison, WI)
- People Brothers Band (Madison, WI)
- Cool Waters Band (Appleton, WI)
- Groovement (Fayetteville, AK)
- Joe Marcinek Band (Milwaukee, WI?)
- Contests we've won:
FESTIVALS WE'VE PLAYED
- Atwood Fest - Madison, WI
- Wisconsin Funk Fest (sold out) - Majestic Theater - Madison, WI
- The Mad Tea Party Jam - Artemas, PA
- Mile of Music 2014-17 - Headlining slot - Appleton, WI
- Bonfire Music Fest - Yuba, WI
Word On the Street
The Atlantic’s “Song of the Day” - “It’s old school funk, the kind that you just don’t hear that much anymore.”
Madison's Maximum Ink Music Magazine - "With their tongues firmly planted in their cheeks, Appleton’s Porky's Groove Machine plays campus-ready dance-able white guy funk that is ready to help you get on with your baddest self."
Indianapolis’ 92.3 WTTS Guster show review - “Porky’s Groove Machine opened up in Indianapolis and captivated the crowd with their...wacky costumes, and contagious funk grooves.”
The Lawrentian’s (Appleton, WI) review of “Magic Brunch” - “Goofiness aside, it takes a skillful band to come up with such an entertaining and seamlessly groovy collection of songs.”